Monday, April 29, 2013

Mid-Research Review


Mid-Research Review
            Genocide is a very sensitive topic.  Throughout the years genocide has become more of a recognized event, and the media is starting to take notice.  Genocide is not something that should be taken lightly and people should know about what is going on.  Every genocide is different, but they do revolve around the same main ideas.  Government plays a large role in every genocide that I have read about, and making one race superior is the main issue.  If countries found everyone to be equal, genocides could be prevented, but that is always easier said than done.
            Genocide is a worldwide issue that has been happening since the beginning of times.  The most known genocide is the holocaust happening in Nazi Germany form 1946 to 1948.  This genocide drew attention to prior and future issues.  I find this topic to be very broad, and hard to narrow down.  There isn’t a lot of information available on any one genocide.  The Rwandan genocide is even harder to find information on.  Government officials try to hid information from the public to make their country seem more “put together”.
            I believe that all of my elements fit together really well.  My nonfiction book was more focused and zoned in on a topic where as my documentary was very broad, along with my articles.   I would like to focus more on the genocide in Rwanda during the next half of this capstone project.  I think that if I dig deeper I could find more information out about the genocide.
             For the future of this project I will learn more about the genocide that took place in Rwanda.  I already know key points of genocide and I need to dig deeper and learn more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment