Monday, April 29, 2013

Letter to the Government


Dear President Kagame,
            I would like to know if the government of Rwanda is doing anything to prevent a future genocide.  The media has said that there is still conflict between the Hutus and Tutsis.  I would like to know what you are doing to keep that conflict at peace, if there is anything being done.  
            During my research on the Rwandan genocide I have come across a lot of things that I have questions about.  Such as why the United Nations didn't step in sooner, or why a Hutu president was elected in the first place.  In my opinion I don’t believe that a Hutu president should have been elected when the Hutu’s and Tutsis already had existing tension.  A president who was more Tutsi probably would have been better as president, because the Tutsis were never violent against the Hutus, and were outnumbered by the Hutus already. 
            I also don’t understand why the United Nations didn't step in to help the Tutsis sooner.  They were aware of what was going on within and around Rwanda, why didn't they didn't do anything to help until the very end.  I believe that if the United Nations could have done something sooner than lives could have been spared, and time could have not been wasted.
            The Rwandan genocide could have been avoided from my point of view.  I would like to know why more wasn't done to spare the lives of innocent people, children who had nothing to do with the feud between their parents, they should have been spared.

No comments:

Post a Comment